Past Refugee-facing Services Offered
Form Bridges: Connect Refugees with Services
- Identified mental health treatment needs.
- Leveraged local connections to match needs to services.
- Provided supported referral and case management.
- Coordinated logistics when individuals start treatment in order to sustain it.
Fill Gaps in Community Resources
- Fielded referrals from community partners for refugee mental health.
- Introduced the concept of individual and group therapy.
- Brought isolated individuals together for group support.
- Addressed short-term individual therapy needs.
- Created learning opportunities for future social workers.
Past Provider and Community-Facing Services Offered
Help Communities Welcome and Support People in Refuge
- Trained local providers how to identify refugee distress.
- Supported the provision of appropriate treatment.
- Advocated for refugee access to services.
- Increased mental health literacy among refugee communities.
- Destigmatized mental health.